Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

1. What is your holiday wish for your family?


My wish for my family is that each and every family member near and far would know how loved they truly are. And that this season would remind them that Jesus loves them greatly. And for all those family members who have not received Jesus yet, I pray that they would this Christmas. I also have a special wish for my younger brother. He is heading out today to spend 6 months on the Mission Field in the Ukraine. My wish for him is an abundance of love from the church family there and that he always remembers that we love him and are so very proud of him. And that we are praying for him and the people of the Ukraine that they may come to know the Lord this Christmas season.

2. What is your Christmas morning tradition? 

Since it is just myself and my 8 year old son, I usually get up early (after going to bed late) to make sure that everything is just perfect. To make sure that Santa (wink, wink) has drank at least half of the glass of milk that was left out. And eaten at least one and a half of the yummy cookies. Then I grab my camera and I wait for my son to awake which is usually anywhere between 7:00 am and 8:00 am. We always start out with a big Happy Birthday shout out to Jesus then a Merry Christmas. Then off to the stocking my sons goes. After emptying his stocking, my son then heads to the presents under the tree. I just love watching the joy in his face when he opens his gifts. And most of all the thankfulness to the Lord for this day.

3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?

I could ask Santa for so many decadent things, but this is the season for giving and wishing for others. My decadent wish would be that someone out there in this world would be granted their wish and that through their wish someone else would blessed and so forth and so on. A continuation of blessings being passed on from one individual to the next.

4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?


We bake a birthday cake for Jesus. When we all get together after dinner we sing Happy Birthday. My son and I also love watching Christmas movies. From The Christmas Shoes, which always makes me cry, to A Christmas Story, which always makes me laugh. "You'll shoot your eye out kid". lol. We also love gathering around the fireplace with a warm glass of Hot Cocoa. Nothing like a warm toasty fire on a cool crisp night.

5. What games did you play with your family growing up?

My family were very big on playing games. We loved playing Pac-Man and Donkey Kong on our old Atari game system as well as board games like Scrabble, Candyland, and The Game of Life. Then there was hide-and-go-seek in the house. LOL. I remember the day that my dad tipped the screen playing Pac-Man. That is when you reach the highest score even possible on the game system. I still remember him sitting in the chair in front of the old tube TV and all of us kids watching. LOL I miss you dad.

6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?


Some of the Christmas traditions that we have carried over from my childhood would be hanging stockings, leaving cookies and milk out for Santa, Christmas Eve service, and watching "It's a Wonderful Life".

7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?

I would love to go back home to Boston to visit some of my family that I haven't seen in a very long time. But then again, I would also love to be out on the mission field surrounded by those who do not have the luxuries that we have but have one thing in common. . . the love of Jesus.

8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? 


The three top items on my GameStop list this year are the Nintendo DSi XL Red Bundle, Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii, and Super Mario Galaxy 2

Mama’s Holiday Wish List MemeSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

0 Comments:




Banner Ad /


Coupons

Search & Win

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes