Monday, July 13, 2009

MckLinky Blog Hop ~ 3 Things You Did Not Know About Me ~ July 14, 2009

  1. I use to work in the Print Shop as a co-op job aboard the Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2). I worked aboard on 3 different occasions. For my first excursion I actually had to learn how to run a 2-color press because at the time that was the only position available. And since this was an opportunity of a lifetime, I wasn't passing it up. For my second excursion, I worked as a Desktop Publisher. Simple. And for my third and final excursion, I worked as the Chief Printer to help cover for a friend who became seriously ill (his lung collapsed) and needed to take leave.

  2. I was working on board the QE2 when it ran aground back in 1992 off the coast of Nantucket. What an awesome experience that was. . . at least for the crew. I wouldn't say the same for the passengers. lol But all in all, I got to travel to many parts of the world and meet so many people. I went to a wedding in Hawaii, held a Koala and fed the Kangeroo in Australia. I watched the 4th of July Fireworks from the front deck of the ship as they went off by the Statue of Liberty in New York City. I've been to a Lamb Roast in New Zealand, and spent 2-weeks for refit in Hamburg, Germany. And there was so much more. What an amazing experience it was.

  3. I was an Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority sister in college. I was just thinking back to the days of pledging. lol. Talk about memories.
Thanks everyone for giving me a chance to hop. Have a blessed day.


MckLinky Blog Hop

MckLinky Blog Hop ~ 3 Things You Did Not Know About Me ~ July 14, 2009SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

20 Comments:

Stacie said...

Sounds like an awesome experience.

Drahdrah said...

Working on board the QE2 sounds fantastic! Happy Hopping

janetfaye said...

I have only seen pictures of Koalas and they look so cute and cuddly.

Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

Wow...you certainly have the best list I have read so far.

Many Blessings,
Deanna

Erica said...

Wow definitely an opportunity of a life time. :)

Mel4Him said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. It certainly was quite the experience. All-in-all I spent a total of about 8 months on board between the 3 excursions. Very exciting but a lot of work as well.

Moms On The Go said...

Wow, what great experiences!

Happy Hopping!

the brown couch said...

Poppin'over from Brown Couch Events
browncouchevetnts.blogspot.com

and Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

Deborah

P.S.
You are invited to my Stella & Dot Jewelry Party happening all week at Comfort Joy Designs! Hope to see you there!

Alicia W. said...

Great List, I loved reading your post.
Doin the blog hop and just had to say..
HELLO from S.C! :)

Rachel said...

Blog Hoppin to say Hello! I love your blog design!

Mel4Him said...

All these comments have really blessed me. Thank you everyone! : )

Jules said...

Wow, that sounds very exciting. You have a lot of memories to store.

Rhea@mommy23monkeys said...

I always wanted to work on board a cruise ship. What amazing stories you must have!

Caravan Trading Group said...

Nice to meet you! I'm visiting from this week's Blog Hop. :) Working on a cruise ship sounds like a dream job.

On August 1, I'll be hosting a new meme called Small World Saturday. I hope that you'll join the fun!

Carleen said...

Hi! I'm at the Hop today and stopped by to get to know you better. I hope that you'll find the time to visit me, too!

Carleen said...

Hi! I'm at the Hop today and stopped by to get to know you better. I hope that you'll find the time to visit me, too!

Night Owl Mama said...

what amazing experiences you had I'm so jealous

cute blog

Michelle said...

Hoppin' around here and there = love your blog, so cute and sooo boyish! Love it! :-)

What an adventure that must have been. Great memories. :-)

Sheila said...

Hoppin in to say hi!

Frantic Holly said...

Just hopping by to say Hi and visit your list!




Banner Ad /


Coupons

Search & Win

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes