Friday, June 26, 2009

The Loss of Three American Icons

We lost three American icons alone just this past week. Ed McMahn at the age of 86, Farrah Fawcett at the age of 62, and Michael Jackson at the age of 50. And while I sit here and pray for their families, friends, fans, I contemplate on how death does not look upon age, but instead has everything to do with the Lord's perfect timing. For there is a season for everything and death is not excluded. To me everything happens for a reason even if that reason is beyond my own understanding.

So with the loss of these three American icons, I am reminded to live each day as if it were my last because the next minute of my life could be just that. To say "I love you" to someone in my family or a friend at least once everyday, if not more. To give a hug, a smile, a thank you. To forgive. Because tomorrow could be my time. My soul lifted to the Heavens. And to be forever thankful that even in death the grave was conquered for me by Jesus, my Lord, my Savior.

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1st Corinthians 15:55-57

So as I live today, love today, forgive today, I also pray today for all the families, friends, and fans not only of these three American icons, but also for those who have lost a loved one recently. May the Lord and His Holy Word bring you peace and comfort beyond all measure. God Bless.

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

The Loss of Three American IconsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

0 Comments:




Banner Ad /


Coupons

Search & Win

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes